Sunday, October 11, 2009

October 7th: No Miles by Bike - Several by Plane

October 7, 2009 (No Miles on my Bike – quite a few on a Plane)

Well – this little bike ride of mine has finally come to an end. Dwight and Ida Burtt drove me to the Airport in Presque Isle, Maine to get on a plane to Boston. Jimmy and Annis Roope also came to the Airport in Presque Isle, Maine to see me off. Jimmy is an old Staples family friend and a boyhood companion of my Father and his brothers and sisters. It was nice to see Jimmy and Annis one more time before I left. After leaving Presque Isle I flew to Boston then to Indianapolis and then on to Chicago and then home to Boise, Idaho. My wife Lori picked me up in Boise about midnight on the 7th and we drove home to Emmett, Idaho. We arrived home around 1 in the morning. Tired but glad to be home.

It is nice to be home. It was real nice to see Lori. I got a big kiss when I got off the plane and Lori made me a nice big poster to welcome me home and had a bunch of balloons to greet me. Her poster said: “I am the Man”. I am not really the “Man”, but it was nice of her to say that and it was Great to be home. I am glad to be Lori’s man.

The flight home was kind of long but uneventful as far as airplane rides are concerned. We hit some clouds in the small plane going to Boston that made our ride quite interesting for an hour or so. The plane felt like it was playing Bumper-Cars when it was in the clouds. Makes the ride more interesting at least.

When I got home I discovered a new little Kitten that Lori had acquired. Some stray dogs killed one of our cats while I was gone and so this little Kitten is a new addition to our little farm. She is a scrawny little runt but she is pretty cute.

It is good to be home. There are quite a few things around the place that need a little attention so I will have plenty to do for a little while to get caught up.

Thank you again to Everyone that has given me so much support while I was on this trip. A special Thank You to Kalia Bowman (my oldest daughter) for keeping the Blog for this trip. I know that took a lot of time and effort and I appreciate it very much. Thank you Kalia.

Well I guess it is back to the Grind of Life. I have got to get busy and start earning a living again. I am very grateful to have had this opportunity to Ride a Bicycle Across America and have this experience. I am grateful to have been able to meet new people and acquire new friends.

Thank you again to everyone.

Sincerely,
Dan Staples

(208) 484-6444 Cell
(208) 398-7961 HM
dan_staples@msn.com Email

1713 Sunset Drive
Emmett, Idaho 83617

Leaving Presque Isle Airplane 2
Kitten for Lori 2
Homecoming for Daniel 2

No comments:

Post a Comment